Residential Property Development
MKB Law’s track record of dealing with residential development programmes is one of the most extensive in Northern Ireland. Our range of clients includes developers building up to 100 houses a year and small bespoke builders working on individual sites. MKB Law has a proven record of handling all aspects of complex acquisitions and disposals of residential and mixed use developments including large scale regeneration projects.
Our development clients cover developers, house builders, funding institutions, housing associations and investors. In the current economic client we have extensive experience of clients taking over partly completed developments and using Building Licenses to maximize returns on capital.
We have expertise in a broad range of transactions including;
- Strategic land and site assembly, joint ventures, collaboration and consortium agreements
- Planning and infrastructure, highways and utility agreements
- Private Streets Agreements and Road Bonds
- Article 161 Agreements under the Water and Sewerage Services (Northern Ireland) Order 2006
- Option agreements, overage and clawback, conditional contracts
- Construction and engineering contracts, professional appointments, warranties, building agreements
- Building leases
- Building Licenses and Site Fine Agreements
- Brownfield and contaminated sites, including environmental issues
- Acquisition Funding
- Development Agreements