Many people in Northern Ireland, Ireland or the UK, have developed close associations with Spain and its islands over the years, most notably as a popular holiday destination.
Some people may decide to develop further links with the country by, for example, buying a property, opening a bank account, granting a Spanish Will, marrying a local or setting up a business.
In other cases, specifically the death of a relative who had assets or property in Spain, some people may be forced to follow and complete the Spanish succession process.
For those who not familiar with the civil law or continental legal system, many of these tasks can be overwhelming as the Spanish legal system requires that many of the tasks must be done in person or by an appointed attorney.
In MKB Law we have a Spanish-qualified lawyer (Abogado) who can advise you and assist you in dealing with both simple and complex Spanish legal matters and help you understand the process, legal documentation and, if necessary, speak in Spanish on your behalf with other professionals, private companies, authorities, or public bodies.
Below are some of the areas that we can help with:
- Buying or selling a property in Spain
- Advising on property that has been broken into by squatters
- Preparing or drafting a Power of Attorney
- Assistance in dealing with Banks or any other authority or public bodies
- Spanish Will that needs amendment
- Granting a Spanish Will for assets located in Spain
- If you are an executor or beneficiary of an Estate with assets located in Spain
- The Spanish probate and inheritance process or renouncing a Spanish inheritance
- Family law matters
- Corporate law assistance for Spanish companies
- Drafting or reviewing contracts or other legal documents in Spanish or subject to Spanish law
- The Spanish Tax System and your obligations to the Spanish revenue (AEAT)
- Litigation proceedings pending in Spain or if you have a claim against someone and wish to start legal proceedings
- Someone to speak on your behalf in Spanish
Please speak with Jose Lazaro at MKB Law to discuss any of the above.