Led by Associate Director Andrew Lightburn, the expert Employment Law team at MKB Law specialises in complex and high-value employment matters for both employers and employees.
Our team has particular expertise acting for executives and senior employees, specifically in reviewing post-termination restrictions, brokering exits and severance packages, and negotiating bonus settlements or disputes. The team further provides strategic assistance to our Corporate division in relation to restructuring, mergers, and TUPE relating to company acquisitions and disposals with an insolvency angle.
Areas of Focus:
- Employment Tribunal and High Court representation
- Early Conciliation
- Negotiation and drafting of Compromise Agreements
- Advising on disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Drafting employment documentation such as contracts, handbooks and policies
- Redundancy, reorganisations and changes to terms and conditions of employment
- General employment law and HR advice including recruitment
- Drafting and managing alleged breaches of Restrictive Covenants
Reviews and Feedback:
“Commercially-astute, sensitive to a client’s aims whilst at the same time knowledgeable of the legal points in a case.”
Legal 500, UK Guide
“Very professional; made what was required to be done from the legal aspect very straightforward and gave great support to any queries.”
Healthcare Business Owner